Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Decree is to provide for matters delegated from the Trademark Act and
matters necessary for the enforcement of the aforesaid matters.
Article 2 (Classification of Marks)
Marks under Article 2 (1) 2 of the Trademark Act (hereinafter referred to as the "Act") shall be
classified as follows:
1. A sign, word, numeral, figure, design, three-dimensional form, combination of these elements,
or each of these elements with color added;
2. Visually perceivable marks, such as a single color, combination of colors, hologram or
continuous movement, etc.;
3. Visually imperceivable marks, such as sound or smell.
Article 3 (Matters to be Included in Articles of Incorporation concerning Use of Collective Marks)
(1) "Matters concerning the use of a collective mark prescribed by Presidential Decree" in Article 36 (3) of the Act means the following:
1.Qualification for and conditions of membership of members of an organization that uses a
collective mark, and the withdrawal of members therefrom;
2.Conditions of the use of a collective mark;
3.Punishment of persons who violate the conditions of use under subparagraph (2);
4.Other matters necessary to use a collective mark.
(2) In cases of a collective mark with geographical indication, the relevant articles of
incorporation shall include the following in addition to matters under paragraph (1):
1.Particular quality, reputation, or other characteristics of goods;
2.Substantial correlations between the geographic environment and a particular quality,
reputation, or other characteristics of goods;
3.The area regarding which a geographical indication is used;
4.Own standards for the management of and a plan to maintain and manage a particular quality,
reputation or other characteristics of goods.